Friday 22 April 2016

Autumn Cup Begins

The Autumn Cup kicked off on Thursday with a very respectable 48 entrants (or so) although there were a large number of no-shows.
The A grade includes all our top active players, to the extent that Brian Nijman has been relegated to the B grade for the first time that I can remember. All the B grade players are rated over 2000, another first.

I haven't been through many of the games yet, but Layla missed a couple of good opportunities to beat Russell for the first time. Scott beat Ben very quickly, and Anthony beat Nic much more slowly (I don't have the score for this one). I played an appalling opening against Bill and only didn't resign immediately because I didn't want to be the first to lose. In the event I got checkmated a couple of minutes after Ben resigned.
Here are the results, I hope to update this later:

Dive 1-0 Timergazi
Wastney 1-0 Thomas
Ker 1-0 Croad

Sellen 0-1 Forster
Pomeroy 0-1 Nyberg

Jackson 1/2-1/2 Rossiter
Stoeveken 0-1 Barraza

Cunningham 0-1 Stracy
Brockway 1/2-1/2 Forlong-Ford
Farrington 0-1 List

Dixon 1-0 Theodosiou
Landrain 0-1 Baker

Meravanage 1-0 Wevers
Asher 0-1 Proctor

Tagos 0-1 Bennett
Hewson, P  0-1 Winter



No comments:

Post a Comment