Friday 19 April 2013

Team Rapid Results and Crosstable


Apologies for the scenes of confusion and chaos at the club on Thursday! It was pretty hard getting everything organised, especially as I didn't have a very clear idea about who was actually going to be turning up until the evening itself, then it was a bit of a struggle getting the teams to be roughly even, and I'm not sure I really achieved it. Never mind.

Still, when we did get going it was a lot of fun, I think! It was great to welcome young Karthik to the club, and he made a sensational start by beating Andreas Theodosiou in his very first game!
It was also lovely to have Sarah Bennett playing in her first rated games, after a few weeks of friendlies upstairs.
I was much happier with the team names than last years, to me the names make more sense this way - Pircateers and Divebombers being obvious references to Anthony and Russell respectively. Scott's Crazed Wildebeest team name may not be quite so obvious, but there is a logic there, I assure you!
Round 1 saw a couple of high profile upsets - Russell fell to Mark, and Norwegian visitor Joachim Berg-Jensen defeated Anthony, first time he has played him too. Normal service was generally resumed in round 2.
I lost both my games painfully, to Alok Pandey and Andrew Stone.
Hope to see you all next week for more of the same! (apart from me losing painfully of course)









No comments:

Post a Comment